Thursday Evening. In need of some sugar to get me through the last day of this nightmarish week…and then to celebrate it being the weekend. YES!
Serves 12-16 (Or one if you’ve just had the worst week and have no regard for your own health…I won’t judge)
So, what you’ll need…
- 400g plain/dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 150g unsalted butter (cubed)
- 50g sultanas
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 50g glace cherries, halved
- 175g rich tea biscuits, smashed into rough pieces around the size of a 1p coin
- 60g Maltesers/similar
- 40g Magic stars/similar
- 40g mini fudge pieces
- About 15 Jazzies/chocolate buttons
- Line a 20cmx20cm baking tin with a strip or two of baking paper.
- Place the dark chocolate, the golden syrup and the butter in a large saucepan and melt over a medium heat. Stir well and often to avoid it burning.
- Set aside around 125ml of the chocolate mixture.
- Chop half of the Maltesers in half.
- Mix together the chopped Maltesers, half of the magic stars, half of the fudge pieces, all of the biscuit pieces, the cherries and the sultanas.
- Stir the chocolate from the pan into the mixture of ingredients. Stir until everything is coated in the chocolate then add the marshmallows and stir again.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, and firmly press it down with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the remaining 125ml chocolate mixture over the top, using a flexible spatula to do this works well.
- Decorate the top with the remaining Maltesers, fudge pieces, Magic Stars and Jazzies, pressing them down slightly to secure.
- Cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight before slicing into squares/removing from the tin.
Really easy to mix and match ingredients if you don’t have the exact sweets/chocolate, or just fancy putting your own twist on things. Best stored in the fridge. Best eaten within a week, but would last longer. ENJOY!