20×20 cm square tin
food bag/piping bag if you have one
Tip: Freeze the marshmallows for an hour before using, so they keep their shape and texture.
- 250g milk chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 150g plain/dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 150g unsalted butter (cubed)
- 50g sultanas
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 50g glace cherries, halved
- 175g rich tea biscuits, smashed into rough pieces around the size of a 1p coin
- 50g white chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 40g chocolate mini eggs
- 40g Smarties mini eggs
- 40g Galaxy golden eggs
- Few Malteasers Bunnies
- Line a 20cmx20cm baking tin with a strip of baking paper.
- Place the milk and dark chocolate, the golden syrup and the butter in a large saucepan and melt over a medium heat. Stir well and often to avoid it burning.
- Set aside around 125ml of the chocolate mixture.
- Once melted, stir in the sultanas, marshmallows, cherries and broken biscuits. Stir until everything is coated in the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, and firmly press it down with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the remaining chocolate mixture over the top, using a flexible spatula to do this works well.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes/ allow the chocolate topping to set a little.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave on a low heat, then spoon into a food bag/piping bag with a very small nozzle.
- (Chop the corner off the food bag if using one) Pipe the white chocolate in diagonal lines a few cm apart across the rocky road slab.
- Push the chocolate mini eggs and mini bunnies into the white chocolate.
- Cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight before slicing into squares/removing from the tin.